Saturday, October 25, 2008

Nooo! Not ready! Nooo!

They're predicting snow next week. Even though it probably won't even stick, this still fills me with a sense of dread. (Teh winter, it saddins me!) And then, there are the upcoming holidays. Last year for Thanksgiving, we had J's mom and dad over, along with my (divorced) parents. Parented!!! J pulled it off extremely well, while I felt like I just flitted and hovered and worried (which I am prone to do) and tried to avoid any uncomfortable discussions. So... not sure what the plan is for this year. It's nice to be at home, but there are also the moments of "Gahh! Claustrophobic! Everybody get out of the damn kitchen!" and stuff like that. But it could be worse. Much worse. So I won't get too worked up about it.

At least it's the season for experimental baking, eh? The treats, they help.

No comments: