Thursday, August 21, 2008

Go Team Nugget

Not a whole lot is new (I feel like I'm always saying that, whether it's true or not). On Sunday, I'm turning the big 3-0. People over 30 tend to say "Eh, big woop" and people under 30 are more likely to say "Oh, gah... sorry" about this. Ah, well - I don't think I'm feeling any more annoyingly introspective about it than usual. I mean, it's just a number... a big fat number that brings to mind "OMGWTF have I been doing for the last, oh, decade?!" Ahem. But anyway.

Have you been watching the Olympics? It's kind of odd that I have - considering I have minimal interest in any kind of sporting activities - but I always like watching the gymnastics, and the diving is pretty cool too. I just gotta say, that Shawn Johnson is just the cutest little chicken nugget! She just is! I won't go too far with that though, as I notice that there's this trend of people comparing cuteness to edibleness (?) that sometimes creeps me out. Like, yes - babies are cuter than the word "cute" can accurately describe, but delicious? I don't know, I have yet to become a mother so maybe I can't talk. I mean, when we met J's 3 month old niece - yes, she was terribly darling, and sure I pretended to nom-nom-nom her little toes. BUT if I were to sit there and say that oh, she's just so yummy that she should be poached, covered in hollandaise sauce and served for breakfast.... well, that's a bit much. Right? But I don't know. Like I said I have minimal experience in the children department, so I guess if people wanna be all snacking on babies and whatnot that's their own business.

You know, I take forever to do anything. Composing an email or a post takes much longer than it should, and my attention span isn't what it used to be. But even if I take a long time to write something or respond to someone, it doesn't mean I'm not thinking about it/them. So I guess it's pretty shitty of me that when I don't hear back from people, my first conclusion is they hate me and everything I've said/written. Because how much fun is insecurity without a little paranoia thrown in?

I've had the office to myself this last week, and I'm not sure that I'm ready for my "alone time" to be over. Speaking of that... crap, I better go get things organized for Monday.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: