Thursday, October 05, 2006

Stop this train I want to get off

The new John Mayer CD, Continuum is sort of surprisingly good. Didn't think I'd be the one to say that, but shit - I will not be confined to anti-pop music snobbery! When I first heard it - courtesy of the fiance - I thought this is the kind of smooth rockin CD that you could use as a sexual innuendo a la Old School. Like "Hey baby, I was thinking tonight maybe... we could pop in that John Mayer CD?" (Wink wink, Nudge nudge) As an added bonus, it's also work-friendly and in my case, an effective boss-repellent. Yes, it's only a matter of time before it gets overplayed like everything else, but I'm gonna enjoy it while I can. I will warn you though, that these songs will get stuck in your head til it's just about not cool anymore. Yeah well, I never said I was very good at music reviews.

3 comments:

Rootietoot said...

There's no shame in liking something because you like it! Much to my children's chagrin, I like ABBA, and love to sing along.

NeverEnough said...

John Mayer is excellent!

Anonymous said...

I love J.M. Always have. He has talent. Nothing wrong with liking music cause it's good! I like all kinds! Ever hear of Damien Rice?