Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Movies & Malaise

Hey there, folks. Finally got a chance to write a bit. I started feeling sicky-icky on Sunday and that's continued on and off Monday and today. Yesterday I ended up staying home, curled up on the couch. I have to admit it was nice just being there, quiet and cozy. There are always lots of things I think I'll accomplish on a sick day, but of course that doesn't happen.
So I finally watched "The Notebook" all the way through - had only caught pieces of it before. I have to say, for being a "chick flick" it was really good. It was touching and romantic, and yes it even got me all teary eyed. Ryan Gosling has really grown up since his days on the Mickey Mouse Club, I tell ya! I've been liking Rachel McAdams more and more too, and it seemed like they had some good chemistry going on in that movie, both did a really good job. Sigh. Then I watched "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason" and it was eh, okay. I think the first one was better. I did some laundry and napped for a couple hours after that. Over the weekend I also watched "Bewitched" with Will Farrell & Nicole Kidman. It was pretty cute, but no huge laughs really and not enough Steve Carell! Oh, and we watched "Robots" this weekend too, which was good and looked really cool with the animation and whatnot. Last night we watched "Constantine" with Keanu Reeves. I'm not a huge Keanu fan but it was okay if you like that kind of thing. Sort of comparable to the "Blade" kind of movies, though that might be an insult to some. So as you can see, we're trying to get the most out of our last month with Netflix! I think Netflix is great and everything, but it's just another expense that we should cut out. We went over our bills and budget last night - not fun!
Anyways, I should get back to bidness.

1 comment:

DJ said...

My wife and I have the cheating list, the people who we'd allow the other one to sleep with. Hers has Johnny Depp at the top. As you can see it's pure fantasy, but if Johnny Depp walked in and said, "Your wife is ravaging, may I sleep with her," as a good husband, acknowledging the once-in-a-lifetime aspect, I'd have to say, "Please do." I can't remember who else is on her list, but mine has only one at the moment: Rachel McAdams. She's got it all, baby.

Just like my wife, of course.