Thursday, February 22, 2007

"Workin wit me: fire n' ice"

Yesterday I was thinking that sheesh, I'm 28 years old and I still don't think I'm ready to deal with the real world. I get incredibly pissed off with situations at work and just don't know how to handle them - end up coming off as passive/aggressive and it's just not good. And then of course, I don't leave things at work but take it all personal and let it bother me when I'm home. I need to desensitize myself a bit.

BUT at least when I was sitting there thinking I should just bite my tongue and/or swallow my pride, I thought "hey - at least I do have a bit of pride to swallow, when I would've thought I had none at all."

So, that's something. I guess.

4 comments:

Gnomeself Be True said...

I posted this a bit ago, don't know if you've seen it....

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say." ~Will Durant

Don't worry about de-sensitizing. Life will do that for you in the next 10 years or so.

Rootietoot said...

I'll be 42 in May, and I'm still not sure how to deal with the world. So far, my method has been to avoid it as much as possible.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how to deal either, but I find that faking it seems to get me through most situations!

Will said...

The real world is still overrated.