For a blog being called "Nervous Thoughts", I'm not sure how much I've actually written about being nervous. But I'd rather not change the title to "Thoughts of General Malaise" or something like that, although... hmm, I think I'll keep that one on the back burner.
So, what happens to you when you get nervous? For me, it can be any combination of these symptoms:
- butterflies, or in more severe cases, badgers fighting in my stomach
- clenching or chattering teeth
- frequent need to use the bathroom
- inability to eat, or eating too quickly
- shaky hands
- sweaty palms
- throbbing feeling in my head, tingly feeling in arms (raised blood pressure)
- being extremely quiet, or speaking too quickly to be coherent
- getting jumpy and skittish
- running my hands through my hair, pulling on my hair
Anyways, I'm growing more nervous as we get closer to the closing on our house (tomorrow). It doesn't take much for me to get nervous, but in this case I think it's natural - it's a pretty big thing after all! At least part of it is just being anxiously excited more than being scaredy-pants nervous. Woo hoo!