Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Unexpected

As angry, sad and depressed it makes me, I can't change that life just doesn't make sense sometimes.

Our furry little friend, the bestest cat ever - Jonesey - passed away early this morning. It came as a shock to us, as he hasn't seemed sick and is only about 5 or 6 years old (we've had him for just two). I found no evidence of him having an accident or getting into something dangerous. He greeted me like he always does during the night when I went to the bathroom. When J found him this morning, he looked like he was just taking a snooze... there's no good way for a pet to go, but we are relieved that he doesn't appear to have suffered. Still, J and I are feeling pretty heartbroken. That cat brought so much joy, love and entertainment to our lives and meant a great deal to us - I just can't believe he's gone. I'm glad we spoiled him a lot and hope he enjoyed his time with us. If I keep thinking of all the what ifs or what we could've done or we should've somehow known, I'll drive myself crazy(er). It's just incredibly shitty and sad.

5 comments:

Fluffycat said...

OMG I am SO sorry. That's just horrid. He was a young kitty. I guess it's better if he didn't suffer but he was taken way too young.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. That's so very sad, especially so suddenly, with no warning or sickness. I remember when you got him, and who he was named after. It sounds like he had a great life with you. Poor Jonesey.

~ Peggasus

girlfiend said...

I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

How sad, I'm so sorry! It's really hard to lose a pet. Each one really is irreplaceable. :(

Nervous said...

Thanks so much to all of you for the kind thoughts/comments. I'm trying to get to the acceptance stage, but it just seems unreal that he's not here. We love and miss that little guy so much!