Monday, January 21, 2008

Seven Thingies

Well, here I've gone for a ridiculously long time without anything to write, and I see that Peggasus over at Artsy Fartsy tagged me with a good old-fashioned meme-posting opportunity (Thanks, Peg!). You may have done this one before, I may have told you these things before, you may not care to know these things, but I'm going for it anyway. I tag whoever reads this and is in need of some posting material.

Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself:
  1. I'm a loud nose-blower. J mentioned that when we're in bed and he hears me pull a tissue out of the box, he braces himself. *Honk*
  2. The first album I obsessively loved (probably around age 5) was Meet The Beatles! from my dad's record collection. When everyone got sick of me playing it over and over on the stereo, I'd go in my room and listen to it on my Fisher Price record player. And daydream about Paul.
  3. I sleep with socks on most of the time. (I gots cold feets!)
  4. I get weirdly addicted to/obsessed with smells. Well, good ones mostly. More on that later.
  5. One of the more embarrassing things I did while stoned was pull over to the side of the road when I saw flashing lights - which, it turned out, were coming from a tow truck. Ahem. *Cough*
  6. I've always liked doing voice impersonations and sometimes pick up the mannerisms or inflections of the person I'm talking with - hopefully not in a way that's insulting to them.
  7. The Prince album with the symbol o[+> as the title (you know, the one with "7" on it) was the first album I owned on CD, and that song is now in my head. (It seemed appropriate to go along with this 7 things post.) He's had his ups and downs and freaky-deakiness over the years but I've always had a special fondness and a space in my music collection for Prince.

5 comments:

KC said...

Wow! We have numbers 2, 3, and 6 in common!

My grandpa gave me Meet the Beatles for my 5th birthday and I drove the family crazy by playing it almost constantly. I say "almost" because I alternated it with various Elvis 45's I had. I still have that copy of Meet the Beatles, but it's unplayable now.

Peggasus said...

Ha!

Oh, way to make me feel old! Your dad's record collection? 'Meet the Beatles' was the first album (and I'm talking VINYL here) I ever bought with my own allowance when I was a kid. I dreamt about Paul too. But in REAL TIME. I'm pretty sure that album is still around here, somewhere in my house.

Thanks for playing! I want to hear more about this smell thing. I think many people could relate to this. I know I could.

Fluffycat said...

I'm with you on the cold feet when asleep, but I also feel there is an optimal temperature and I can't sleep if my feet are too hot either. So warm comforter, and no socks usually works for me. But when it's super hot and there is no comforter, I have to wear socks.

Gnomeself Be True said...

My first CD was Pink Floyd's "The Final Cut."
They'd just come out with CDs and I spent a paycheck on everyone I could find.

Anonymous said...

How come everyone else seems to have a much cooler First CD than I do? Wait, don't answer that... ;)