Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Favorite new show

My favorite, or actually our (yeah - isn't that cute?) favorite new show that's been running through my head lately is Flight of the Conchords. Have you seen this? It's really good stuff! I hate to compare it to anything because that won't quite do it justice - but I'll just say that if you're a fan of deadpan humor (e.g. The Office, Arrested Development), witty music parodies (e.g. Tenacious D), interesting-sounding (e.g. New Zealand) accents, or if you're just cool you will most likely dig it. Chances are if you've been on our couch recently we've shared this show (and possibly even some drinks & snacks) with you. If not, there are quite a few video clips that you can check out online if you're interested.


P.S. I totally looked up the proper usage of "e.g." versus "i.e." for this post, in order to impress all you fancy, highly-edumacated readers out there. Then I debated that it still didn't sound quite right and maybe I should just leave it out instead of risking it. Then I told myself to just shut-up and post this because that's beside the point of the whole thing anyhow. Ah, sweet nerdification!

3 comments:

KC said...

I'm certainly impressed with your use of e.g. I always have to think too hard about which to use, so I tend to avoid both.

I've not heard of FoftheC. I'll have to check it out.

Gnomeself Be True said...

Still waiting for a reason to get HBO...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I totally look up words just to *make sure* I'm using them correctly. Anal rententiveness at its best!

I'll have to check out Conchords.....